Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Even so ... the tortoise is smiling

I listened to Elder Holland's talk in the Saturday afternoon session of April 2010 general conference for inspiration while walking. I wrote some further feelings from listening to this talk at:  http://ibelieve-dougbeecher.blogspot.com/2011/08/but-bold-we-need-to-be.html  There are also links so that you can easily listen to the talk itself and the closing hymn of the session that followed.  This talk is a classic, and worth the few minutes it takes to listen to it.


The walk itself, along with today's eating, are detailed in the terreeeblay blog at: http://terreeeblay.blogspot.com/2011/08/176.html


I didn't mention this last night, but I read Ezekiel 29 and 3 Nephi 7 yesterday and Ezekiel 30 and 3 Nephi 8 today.  They were good and blessed me.  I wrote about Elder Holland's talk feeling that was the most memorable inspiration I received today.


I was home from work today and had fun with my grandchildren.  Willyne is still comforting Esther.  Boyd was taken off life support today.  His blood pressure is now below 42 over 27.  I feel for him and for her.


Even so ... the tortoise is smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment