Friday, May 13, 2011

13 May 11

Some thoughts for today ...

"God..imparteth his word..unto men..women also..little children..have words given unto them..which confound the wise&..learned."Alma 32:22-3  (I enjoyed reading this today for several reasons, among them the reference to women and little children in addition to men.  I believe the prophets thought that was so obvious they didn't repeat it very frequently)




"It seems odd to me that so many Liberals (including our president) oppose the concept of American Exceptionalism." - Janie Johnson.  (Remember my discussion of oxymorons a few days ago?  Liberals often prefer to be labelled "Progressives".  Seems to me that to be progressive you would want people to be exceptional and to have the opportunities available to do it.  So the question could be put ... you wish to be called progressive, please define what being progressive is to you ...)

Today is Friday the 13th.  As a "glass half full - passionately smiling tortoise" I've always thought this was a lucky day, and when Benjamin came along 28 years ago on Friday the 13th, that reinforced the thought!  So my walk was dedicated to him today, read about it at http://terreeeblay.blogspot.com/2011/05/100.html

No comments:

Post a Comment