Thursday, January 2, 2014

We Must Take Adventures To Know Where We ...



Today's scripture:


"For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."
                           -- Moses 1:39
Simple. Beautiful. Inspiring. From reading in Revelation 1, Ether 10, Moses 1, Genesis 1-5.  Four years ago I began reading the Old Testament as part of the course of study in the Church of Jesus Christ Sunday School.  It has taken me all this time to read the Old Testament and then most of the New Testament.  It is now time to begin reading the Old Testament again, I hope to complete it in 2014.  I have a schedule on a spreadsheet to track the chapters that are in the weekly Sunday School lessons so that I read them in the appropriate week, so the reading will bounce around the book somewhat.  I will also what I have left of the New Testament, which is the book of Revelation.  And I will continue with my Book of Mormon reading, a chapter a day ... when I read Moroni 10 I go the next day to 1 Nephi 1 ... and I get something new out of it every time.
Additional info on today's picture/quote:  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/310678074266303289/  For picture info on today's walk, please click here.
Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment