Saturday, January 18, 2014

Every Herb of the Field

Today's scripture ...

And it came to pass that I, Nephi, being exceedingly young,  nevertheless being large in stature, and also having great desires  to know of the mysteries of God, wherefore, did cry unto the  Lord; and behold he did visit me, and did soften my heart that   did believe all the words which had been spoken by my father;  wherefore, did not rebel against him like unto my brothers.

                           -- 1 Nephi 2:16

I like this a lot.  Nephi is young.  He hears his father.  He hears his brother.  He wants to find out for himself.  That he is able to is a witness to each of us that we can too.  And when we do, what strength that gives to us in making the decisions of life.

From reading in 1 Nephi 2, Revelation 15, and Moses 2-3.

For picture/map info on today's walk with Chief, please click here.

To continue with my thoughts on today's scripture reading, please click below to continue ...

Cheerio!


"And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew. For I, the Lord God, created all  things, of which have spoken, spirituallybefore they were   naturally upon the face of the earth. For I, the Lord God, had not 
caused it to rain upon  the face of the earth. And I, the Lord God, had created all the children of men; and not yet man to till the   groundfor in heaven created I them;  and there was not yet flesh   upon the earth, neither in the water, neither in the air;"

                             -- Moses 3:5

Think of the amazing blueprints the Lord must have created, in such intricate detail, to plan out this wonderful Earth He has given to us to live our mortal lives on.  Each and every plant, herb, and ALL things.  Individually thought out before they were every here.

Makes me love Heavenly Father all the more!

No comments:

Post a Comment