Saturday, October 12, 2013

Tribute to The Beautiful Rock Aficionado

It was touching how many people came to pay their respects
wearing colorful rock bolos such as the one you see in this picture

I remember Lynn for a lot of things.  I was privileged to do his construction business taxes the last few years before he retired, including when he built the current Hurricane city offices.  I still think about him whenever I look at that building.

I remember him for the caring
home teacher he was to my father in law when Bill lived in our home for the year the doctor said he had after his severe cancer diagnosis ... and then for the extra year Bill was blessed with, in large part in my mind because of the good care he was getting from his daughter and my wife Willyne, her mother Floryne, the home health nurses (notably Annette Kleinman) ... and the long loving home teaching conversations he had with Lynn.

I remember him for the stories of his adventures in South America on a 7 year chapel building mission in the 1960s.  They had a slide show running at the viewing today, narrated by Lynn, that really brought those adventures to life.

I remember him for his trips around La Verkin ... and the mountains throughout Utah and the Arizona Strip ... looking for and delivering those unique, beautiful rocks of his.

All of this was celebrated today, and I enjoyed every minute of it.  God speed, Lynn Gubler!

For info on walking and eating today, please click here.

Benjamin sent me an email a few days ago about a meeting at work where they discussed goals and handed him a copy of a 2010 Harvard Business Review article by Clayton M. Christensen entitled "How Will You Measure Your Life".  Darin replied with a personal experience with Elder Christensen and Josh also replied with some heartfelt thoughts.  I liked it enough to put excerpts of the article in my tax and money blog, which you can read here.

And now for a couple more Lynn Gubler tidbits ...

The viewing line and Lynn's slide show


Lynn and Edith.  What do you think of their wedding picture?

And my thought for today ...

Additional info at:  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/310678074265739048/

No comments:

Post a Comment