Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Lovest Thou Me More Than These?

Thought today from reading in John 21 and Alma 21:

"So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me  more than these? He saith unto him,Yea, Lord; thou knowest that love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
 "He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto  him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that love thee. He saith unto him, aFeed my sheep.
 17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou  knowest all things; thou knowest that love thee. Jesus saith unto him,aFeed my bsheep.
                                                                             -- John 21:15-17
I think of the masterful LDS General Conference Talk by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland when I read these words.  I also think of our prophet, Thomas S. Monson's call to all to the rescue.  Regular reminders are a wonderful thing.
Speaking of that makes me think of the nice daddy-daughter date I had with Becca this evening.  So glad neither of us ever get too old for those.  We watched "Cinderella Man" in HD at home while eating chicken baskets and assorted Dairy Queen treats.  Good food, fabulous company.  I wasn't familiar with this story, but to say it was moving is not nearly enough.  It reaffirms again that whereever we find ourselves, there is still hope.  Second (and one hundred and fifty-fourth) chances are a wonderful thing, but we do have to believe, deeply believe, and be willing to act on that belief against all odds to make good on those second chances.
I took my vitamins today and my Crestor today.  Here is my walk: http://terreeeblay.blogspot.com/2013/08/13-218.html 
Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment