Saturday, February 1, 2014

This Time More Intelligently - Henry Ford


Today's scripture:

"Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said?—If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you."

                          -- 1 Nephi 15:11

From reading today in 1 Nephi 15.  I made it to the century mark in 2014 walking miles today, for a map and pictures, please click here.

For more on today's picture/quote, please visit:  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/310678074266470415/.  As a personal side note, I became interested in reading biographies when I read one on Mr. Ford in elementary school to write a report on him.  I was fascinated with how much I could learn by observing what others had experienced.  Henry was a powerful mix of a personality, some of the things that stood out to me at age 11 included his persistence through a lot of obstacles, and his bucking industry wisdom and paying workers the then unheard of sum of five dollars per day to work in his automobile factory, while figuring out how to make the car affordable to those workers.  Totally changed our world forever.  He himself liked some of those changes, and didn't like others.

Those recollections from a half century ago are still vivid and make his quote about failure and opportunity truly meaningful to me.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment